Thursday, July 28, 2011

Masoli to the 49ers... as a RB?

The San Francisco 49ers are giving Jeremiah Masoli another chance, but not as a quarterback.





An undrafted rookie free agent, Masoli inked a deal with the 49ers, who plan to use the former Oregon and Ole Miss QB as a running back, according to the Modesto Bee on Wednesday.




“I’m anxious to show my versatility,” Masoli told the newspaper. “I really like coach (Jim) Harbaugh. We have a great relationship and we have some history in the Pac-10. I just thought it was a great fit for me.”



Harbaugh, who will enter his first year with the 49ers, coached at Stanford while Masoli played at Oregon. Masoli then transferred to Ole Miss for his senior year, which did not go as planned in the SEC.



The San Franciso native threw for 2,039 yards, 14 touchdowns and 13 interceptions and ran for 544 yards and six scores, but the Rebels finished 4-8 overall and won just one conference game in 2010.



For the Niners’ sake, hopefully Harbaugh has a better touch than Houston Nutt. Jeremiah Masoli profile



1 comment:

  1. I just take a peek and I discovered your post. I find it interesting. Big thanks for sharing.


    Apple

    ReplyDelete